Miyabi "Koh" 4-Piece Steak Knife Set
Pickup currently unavailable
These steak knives are made of FC61 fine carbide stainless steel core, clad in stainless steel, heat-treated and ice-hardened to 61 HRC. The ergonomically designed octagonal-shaped handles are made of pakkawood, and fitted with mosaic pins. The set of knives come in a decorative wooden box.
- Origin (Made in): Seki, Gifu Prefecture, Japan
- Brand: Miyabi (Part of Zwilling Japan)
- Model No.: 33961-003
- Knife Type: Steak Knife
- Construction: San Mai
- Grind: Double Edged (50/50 Grind)
- Hagane (Core Steel): FC61
- Jigane (Cladding): Stainless Steel
- Hardness: 61 HRC
- Blade Finishes: Kasumi Polish
- Blade Length: 120mm (5")
- Blade Height (at heel): 23mm
- Spine Thickness
- Above heel: 1.9mm
- Middle: 1.8mm
- Shape: Hachikaku (Octagonal)
- Material: Pakkawood
- Kuchiwa: Stainless Steel
- Decorative: Mosaic Pin
- Length: 113mm
- Overall Length: 243mm
- Weight: 85g (3.00oz)
- Mark (Front): In Japanese Kaniji "Miyabi" (雅)
- Mark (Back): "Miyabi 4000FC Made in Japan" ; The Model No. ; "Friodur x2 Fine Carbide FC61 Stainless Steel"
- Comes in a Decorative Wooden Box
About Miyabi 雅
Miyabi is Zwilling's answer to the superior quality of Japanese knives. Realising that it is simply impossible to catch up with Japanese knifemaking, Zwilling Group has decided to set up Zwilling Japan, and recruit local craftsmen to make Japanese knives using the tradition of the ancient masters. According to Zwilling, "Miyabi knives are authentic because MIYABI does not try to be Japanese; it really is Japanese."
Wash and dry with a soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.
Recommended cutting surface: wood, rubberized boards and high-end composites, and quality plastics such as polyethene make acceptable cutting surfaces, and will help protect and prolong knife’s edge. AVOID glass, metal, countertops, and other rigid, non-forgiving surfaces.
We recommend sharpening all quality Japanese knives on whetstones, as we believe they yield the best results for your knives.