Yoshimi Kato R2/SG2 Diamond Damascus 240mm Gyuto with Polished Lime Green Acrylic Handle
Pickup currently unavailable
Only One Available Handcrafted Kato Yoshimi R2/SG2 diamond Damascus gyuto, with a polished acrylic handle in lime green/forest green color.
- Origin: Echizen, Fukui Prefecture
- Craftsman: Mr. Yoshimi Kato
- Knife Type: Gyuto
- Steel Type: R2/SG2 Damascus
- Hardness Level: 63
- Blade Finish: Diamond (Polished) Damascus
- Blade Type: Double-edged Blade
- Blade Length: 240mm (9.4")
- Blade Height (at heel): 51.6mm
- Blade Thickness (at heel): 2.0mm
- Handle Type: Western
- Handle Material: Polished Acrylic
- Weight: 225g (7.93oz)
- Hand chiselled mark: In Japanese Kanji "Yoshimi Echizen" (義実 越前)
About Yoshimi Kato 加藤 義実
Yoshimi Kato (aka. Yoshimi Katou) is a renowned blacksmith in Echizen, Fukui Prefecture, and the 3rd generation Kato. Head of Kato Uchihamono, formerly known as Kintaro, Mr. Kato has apprenticed under his father - 2nd generation blacksmith - Hiroshi Kato for many years before taking over the family business. Mr. Kato is a master of heat-treating high-end steels such as SG2 and Aogami Super. His hand-forged Damascus is mesmerizing and his tsuchime finish aesthetically pleasing. Kato knives have a great reputation for being the finest example of Echizen craftsmanship.
Wash and dry with soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.