Tojiro MV Stainless Steel Deba
Pickup currently unavailable
This entry-level Deba is made of Molybdenum Vanadium Steel, which is stainless and softer than most other steel types. Heat-treated to 57 HRC, the blade is less prone to chipping, so it makes the knife especially suitable for avid home cooks who want to try out Japanese traditional single-beveled knives. For right-handed use.
- Origin (Made in): Tsubame, Niigata Prefecture, Japan
- Brand: Tojiro
- Model No.: F-1050 / F-1051 / F-1053 / F-1054 / F-1055
- Knife Type: Deba
- Construction: Awase (Kasumi)
- Grind: Single Bevel (Right-handed)
- Hagane (Core Steel): Molybdenum Vanadium Steel
- Jigane (Cladding): 13 Chrome Stainless Steel
- Hardness: 57 HRC
- Blade Finishes: Kasumi Polish
- Blade Length: 105mm (4.1") / 120mm (4.7") / 150mm (5.9") / 165mm (6.5") / 180mm (7.1")
- Blade Height (at heel): 39mm / 42mm / 50mm / 52mm / 56mm
- Spine Thickness
- Above heel: 2.7mm / 2.7mm / 3.3mm / 3.7mm / 4.8mm
- Middle: 2.6mm / 2.6mm / 3.3mm / 3.7mm / 4.8mm
- Shape: Marushinogi (D-shaped)
- Material: Japanese Magnolia (Ho Wood)
- Kuchiwa: Resin
- Length: 105mm / 105mm / 125mm / 127mm / 133mm
- Overall Length: 225mm / 237mm / 285mm / 309mm / 330mm
- Weight: 74g (2.61oz) / 88g (3.10oz) / 147g (5.19oz) / 190g (6.70oz) / 266g (9.38oz)
- Mark: In Japanese Kanji "Tojiro" (藤次郎) ; "MV Made in Japan"
About Tojiro 藤次郎
Tojiro is the large knife manufacturer in Tsubame-Sanjo, an area with a few centuries of knife-making tradition. Tojiro knives offer great value for the price. Established over 50 years ago, Tojiro combines modern technologies and traditional craftsman methodologies, and is a pioneer of stainless steel knives in Japan. Their philosophy is to improve efficiency with machines while respecting traditions when it comes to quality and finish.
Wash and dry with a soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.
Recommended cutting surface: wood, rubberized boards and high-end composites, and quality plastics such as polyethene make acceptable cutting surfaces, and will help protect and prolong knife’s edge. AVOID glass, metal, countertops, and other rigid, non-forgiving surfaces.
We recommend sharpening all quality Japanese knives on whetstones, as we believe they yield the best results for your knives.
Super sharp out of the box. Excellent heft for only being 74g. Blade is reassuringly thick. 105mm length is the perfect size for what we were looking for.