Takeshi Saji R2/SG2 Diamond Damascus 180mm Santoku with Silver Ring Ebony Buffalo Horn Handle
Pickup currently unavailable
Handcrafted R2/SG2 diamond Damascus finish santoku knife with a beautiful ebony silver ring wa handle by renowned Japanese knife making master Takeshi Saji.
- Origin: Echizen-Takefu, Fukui Prefecture
- Craftsman: Mr. Takeshi Saji
- Knife Type: Santoku
- Steel Type: R2/SG2 Damascus
- Damascus Finish: Diamond Finish
- Hardness Level: 63
- Blade Type: Double-edged Blade
- Blade Length: 180mm (7.1")
- Blade Height (at heel): 50mm
- Blade Thickness (above heel): 1.4mm
- Custom Premium Handle
- Handle Material: Ebony
- Kuchiwa Material: Nickel Silver Ring / Buffalo Horn
- Handle Length: 120mm / 4.7"
- Hand chiselled mark: In Japanese Kanji "By Saji"
- Weight: 198g (6.98oz)
- Comes in a Saji wood box.
About Takeshi Saji 佐治 武士
Master Saji is the third generation blacksmith of Takefu City, Fukui Prefecture, who has been certified as a traditional knife craftsman at the age of 44. Now in his 70s, with over 30 years of experience in making handcrafted knives, Master Saji makes breathtakingly beautiful Damascus knives, which often paired with unique custom handles such as handcrafted iron wood handles. Having became a legend in hunting knife making, Master Saji has a unique eye for fine finish, and he's also innovating constantly by brining new looks to knives.
Wash and dry with soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.