Takeshi Saji R2/SG2 Black Damascus 240mm Kiritsuke with Silver Ring Buffalo Horn Handle
Pickup currently unavailable
This Kiritsuke Gyuto is handcrafted by Echizen master blacksmith Takeshi Saji using R2/SG2 steel, heat-treated to 63 HRC. The blade features a black-etched (Kurosome) Damascus finish that extends to the grind in this beautiful suminagashi pattern, and is paired with a high-end polished sterling silver ring ebony handle with buffalo horn kuchiwa. The famous Saji quality when it comes to forging, heat-treatment and grinding, and the thinness behind the edge make this knife a superior cutting performer.
- Origin: Echizen-Takefu, Fukui Prefecture
- Craftsman: Mr. Takeshi Saji
- Knife Type: Kiritsuke
- Steel Type: R2/SG2 Damascus
- Damascus Finish: Diamond Finish
- Hardness Level: 63
- Damascus Finish: Kurosome (Etched Black)
- Blade Type: Double-edged Blade
- Blade Length: 240mm (9.4")
- Blade Height (at heel): 49mm
- Blade Thickness (above heel): 2mm
- Custom Premium Handle
- Handle Material: Ebony
- Kuchiwa Material: Polished Sterling Nickel Silver Ring / Buffalo Horn
- Handle Length: 143mm
- Weight: 205g (7.23oz)
- Hand chiselled mark: In Japanese Kanji "By Saji"
- Comes in a Saji wood box.
About Takeshi Saji 佐治 武士
Master Saji is the third generation blacksmith of Takefu City, Fukui Prefecture, who has been certified as a traditional knife craftsman at the age of 44. Now in his 70s, with over 30 years of experience in making handcrafted knives, Master Saji makes breathtakingly beautiful Damascus knives, which often paired with unique custom handles such as handcrafted iron wood handles. Having became a legend in hunting knife making, Master Saji has a unique eye for fine finish, and he's also innovating constantly by brining new looks to knives.
Wash and dry with soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.