Sakai Takayuki "Shirokagami" Shirogami #2 Mirror Finish Deba with Buffalo Horn Handle
Pickup currently unavailable
The Sakai Takayuki "Shirokagami (White Mirror)" series is the premium Shirogami #2 series in Takayuki's line up. This hand-forged hand-grinded Deba has a Shirogami #2 core steel for superb edge retention and the ability to achieve maximum sharpness. WIth Kanji hand-chiselled on an immaculate mirror polished blade and a beautiful Kasumi polish on the bevel, this knife is an absolutely beautiful piece for those looking for not only the maximum sharpness, but also high aesthetic value in a knife. For right-hand use.
- Origin (Made in): Sakai, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
- Brand: Sakai Takayuki
- Model No.: 03333 / 03334 / 03335 / 03336
- Knife Type: Deba
- Construction: Awase (Kasumi)
- Grind: Single Bevel (Right-handed)
- Hagane (Core Steel): Shirogami #2 (White #2)
- Jigane (Cladding): Carbon Steel
- Hardness: 60-61 HRC
- Hand-forged, hand-grinded, hand-sharpened
- Blade Finishes:
- Kyoumen (Mirror)
- Kasumi Polish
- Blade Length: 120mm (10.6") / 135mm (11.8") / 150mm (5.9") / 165mm (6.5")
- Blade Height (at heel): 42mm / 43mm / 48mm / 51mm
- Spine Thickness
- Above heel: 5.8mm / 5.9mm / 6.2mm / 6.7mm
- Middle: 4.8mm / 4.8mm / 5.2mm / 5.6mm
- Shape: Rokkaku Hanmaru (Half Rounded Octagonal)
- Material: Japanese Magnolia (Ho Wood)
- Kuchiwa: Black Buffalo Horn
- Length: 111mm / 117mm / 123mm / 129mm
- Overall Length: 248mm / 266mm / 289mm / 311mm
- Weight: 142g (5.01oz) / 156g (5.50oz) / 214g (7.55oz) / 254g (8.96oz)
- Hand chizelled (Front): In Japanese Kanji "Sakai Takayuki Shirokagami (White Mirror)" (堺孝行 白鏡)
- Engraved Mark (Back): In Japanese Kanji "Sakai Takayuki Bespoke" (堺孝行 別誂)
About Sakai Takayuki 堺 孝行
Sakai Takayuki is Sakai's top knife maker and artisan workshop. Japan's Sakai region has a knife making history of 600 years. Among these knife makers, Sakai Takayuki is a representative of Sakai's long history of making blades. The quality of the finish and details of the forging technique are handed down over generations of fine craftsmen. Today Sakai Takayuki is sold to over 100 countries around the world. Their uncompromising knife making passion has attracted passionate customers beyond the border of Japan.
Shirogami #2 (white #2) steel is one of the most popular types of high carbon steel found in Japanese kitchen knives (Wa Knives). It is not stainless, therefore you must wipe your knife dry after each use. Patina will develop over time. Rust may develop if left in prolonged contact with water or acidic food. Use a rust eraser to clean if rusts develop. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.
Recommended cutting surface: wood, rubberized boards and high-end composites, and quality plastics such as polyethene make acceptable cutting surfaces, and will help protect and prolong knife’s edge. AVOID glass, metal, countertops, and other rigid, non-forgiving surfaces.
We recommend sharpening all quality Japanese knives on whetstones, as we believe they yield the best results for your knives.