Mcusta Zanmai "Supreme Hammered" Mirror Damascus Sujihiki
Pickup currently unavailable
The Zanmai "Supreme Hammered" series is known for its extremely refined polish including a mirror-polished 33 layer Damascus with Tsuchime finish, and a luxury handle made out pressed and laminated red Pakkawood with a phenol resin coating for superb handling and robustness. The mirror tsuchime adds a tiny bit of thickness to the spine, but the grind tapers aggressively providing thinness behind the edge. The densely pressed laminated handle counters the slight increase of weight, providing superb weight balance. The signature Zanmai fit and finish can be seen all over this knife, from beautiful mother of pearl inlay to the luxurious handle, from the finely polished spine and choil to the stunning mirror-finished tsuchime pattern. This sujihiki knife is suited for those who prefer premium finishes, slightly heavier weight and uncompromised cutting smoothness.
- Origin (Made in): Seki, Gifu Prefecture, Japan
- Brand: Mcusta Zanmai
- Model No.: TZ2-4010DH / TZ2-4011DH
- Artisan: Marusho
- Knife Type: Sujihiki
- Construction: San Mai
- Grind: Double-edged Blade (50/50 Grind)
- Hagane (Core Steel): VG10
- Jigane (Cladding): Stainless Steel
- Hardness: 60 HRC
- Blade Finishes:
- Tsuchime (Hammered)
- Kyomen (Mirror)
- Blade Length: 240mm (9.4") / 270mm (10.6")
- Blade Height (at heel): 37mm / 41mm
- Spine Thickness
- Above heel: 2.3mm / 2.3mm
- Middle: 2.3mm / 2.3mm
- Shape: Hachikaku (Octagonal)
- Material: Dark Red Pakkawood with inlaid mother of pearl
- Kuchiwa: Nickel Silver
- Length: 128mm / 133mm
- Overall Length: 380mm / 416mm
- Weight: 188g (6.63oz) / 216g (7.62oz)
- Mark: In Japanese Kanji "Zanmai" (三昧) ; Mcusta Zanmai logo ; "33 Layers VG10 Damascus Steel" ; "Made in Japan"
- Engraved mark (bottom cap) : Mcusta Zanmai logo with Mirror Finishing
About Mcusta Zanmai 三昧
Mcusta Zanmai is based in Seki City of Japan, a town with over 800 years of swordsmithing history. While embracing Seki's blade-making traditions, Zanmai is also bringing innovative technologies such as CNC machine and laser cutting into the workshop, making the brand a rare and seamless integration of craftsman traditions and modern technologies. Zanmai knives have unique handles that not only pay homage to traditional Wa handle design, but also bringing innovations such as high temperature compressed layers of natural Pakkawood to create polished and strong handles. Zanmai's laser cutting of VG10 steel produces high precision finish on monosteel blades. Mcusta craftsmen finish each knife on Japanese Waterstones to give their knives refined looks.
Wash and dry with a soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.
Wood, rubberized boards and high-end composites, and quality plastics such as polyethylene make acceptable cutting surfaces, and will help protect and prolong knife’s edge. AVOID glass, metal, countertops, and other rigid, non-forgiving surfaces.
We recommend sharpening all quality Japanese knives on whetstones, as we believe they yield the best results for your knives.