Mcusta Zanmai "Revolution" R2/SG2 180mm Santoku
Pickup currently unavailable
This Zanmai "Revolution" Santoku is made of premium SG2 high-speed powder steel, heat-treated to 61 HRC for exceptional edge retention. The use of SG2 steel enables an even thinner ground behind the edge, giving it laser-like cutting performance. The ergonomic soft, bent handle design, with a unique decagonal shape and a nickel silver kuchiwa showcases Zanmai's refined production qualities - a result of merging Seki's blade making tradition with innovative technologies. The signature Zanmai fit and finish can be seen all over this knife, from the beautiful kasumi-like polish on cladding to the finely polished spine and choil.
- Origin (Made in): Seki, Gifu Prefecture, Japan
- Brand: Mcusta Zanmai
- Model No.: ZRG-1203G / ZRR-1203G / ZRB-1203G
- Knife Type: Santoku
- Construction: San Mai
- Grind: Double-edged Blade (50/50 Grind)
- Hagane (Core Steel): SPG2 (Super Gold2)
- Jigane (Cladding): Stainless Steel
- Hardness: 61 HRC
- Blade Finishes: Kasumi Polish
- Blade Length: 180mm (7.1")
- Blade Height (at heel): 45mm
- Spine Thickness
- Above heel: 1.9mm
- Middle: 1.8mm
- Shape: Jyukkaku (Decagonal) with mosaic pin
- Material: Green Micarta / Red Pakka Wood / Black Pakka Wood
- Length: 135mm
- Overall Length: 328mm
- Weight: 167g (5.89oz) / 158g (5.57oz) / 151g (5.33oz)
- Mark: In Japanese Kanji "Zanmai" (三昧) ; Mcusta Zanmai logo ; "SPG2 Power Steel" ; "Made in Japan"
About Mcusta Zanmai 三昧
Mcusta Zanmai is based in Seki City of Japan, a town with over 800 years of swordsmithing history. While embracing Seki's blade-making traditions, Zanmai is also bringing innovative technologies such as CNC machine and laser cutting into the workshop, making the brand a rare and seamless integration of craftsman traditions and modern technologies. Zanmai knives have unique handles that not only pay homage to traditional Wa handle design, but also bringing innovations such as high temperature compressed layers of natural Pakkawood to create polished and strong handles. Zanmai's laser cutting of VG10 steel produces high precision finish on monosteel blades. Mcusta craftsmen finish each knife on Japanese Waterstones to give their knives refined looks.
Wash and dry with a soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.
Wood, rubberized boards and high-end composites, and quality plastics such as polyethylene make acceptable cutting surfaces, and will help protect and prolong knife’s edge. AVOID glass, metal, countertops, and other rigid, non-forgiving surfaces.
We recommend sharpening all quality Japanese knives on whetstones, as we believe they yield the best results for your knives.